When I was in middle school and high school I always dreaded the summer reading list. To be honest, I never really liked reading except for the occasional book here and there which caught my attention. When those moments did come around I would manage to read for hours on end. If you saw me, you’d probably be confused and think this was some other kid. It certainly couldn’t have been Dov.
More recently, I’ve found a passion for reading. I’ve been adding books to my reading list and now have a pile waiting for me. That is, when I find the time to read these books.
In the past few months I’ve managed to read some books which I’ve gained knowledge from and would recommend to others. These books are listed below:
- Do You Matter? How Great Design Will Make People Love Your Company by Robert Brunner and Stewart Emery with Russ Hall
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute
- Coloring Outside the Lines: Business Thoughts on Creativity, Marketing, and Sales by Jeff Tobe
My current reading list is comprised of the following books below and I’m planning on taking these one book at a time:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Monday Morning Leadership: 8 Mentoring Sessions You Can’t Afford to Miss by David Cottrell, Alice Adams, and Juli Baldwin
- The Leadership Challenge by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- How the Mighty Fall by Jim Collins
Right now I’m reading How to Win Friends and Influence People. I highly recommend that you read each of these books and I’m sure you’ll thank me once you finish.
Please share with me books that are on your reading list, or those that you’ve completed as I am certainly looking forward to my collection growing.